We are working with Taiwan Film Festival on their Boston Taiwanese Fighting Covid-19 initiative. Below are two ways you can get involved and help us bring more positive impact on our society.
Please join our fundraising event to purchase cloth masks and face shields to donate to hospitals, nursing homes, MBTA workers, and police officers in the Greater Boston area!!! The fundraising campaign hopes to alleviate the shortage in personal protective equipment among high-risk workers.
FUNDRAISING GOAL: $15,000 for Phases I & II
[Phase I] Cloth masks made locally and imported from Taiwan
Washable cloth masks can be used in combination with surgical
masks to prolong their lifespan.
[Phase II] TBA (searching for certificated surgical masks and other PPE)
[Phase III] TBA (searching for certificated N95 respirators)
- All the donation will be used to fund the initiatives listed above. We will sign the waiver with the recipients on behalf of donors. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for any question or concern.
Any donation amount will be greatly appreciated! Please click here to donate.
As of today, the task force has handmade and donated over 8000 fabric masks to local hospitals, nursing homes, police stations and many other essential workers. But the demand is increasing. So we’re looking for more volunteers to help us produce the supplies more efficiently.
Volunteers can all work on their own time and determine their work pace for the task they’re assigned to. There is no pressure on how many hours you need to commit and you can definitely continue your work-from-home lifestyle. You can either help cutting fabric to the desired dimensions so our sewing team can produce the supplies faster, contactlessly delivering materials between volunteers on the way of your grocery shopping, or reach out to local organizations to check in with their demands through email or phone call.
If you’re interested in joining us and helping essential workers get us through this difficult time, please register your interest in the form.
You can also find detailed instructions of each task force team on the form. We can’t wait to welcome you on board and make an impact together!
- Taipei Economic & Cultural Office in Boston (TECO-Boston)
- Taiwanese American Professionals, Boston Chapter (TAP-Boston)
- Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST)
- Science & Technology Division, TECO-Boston
- New England Association of Chinese Professionals (NEACP)
- New England Hakka Association (NE Hakka)
- Taiwanese Association of America Boston Chapter (TAA Boston)
- Taiwanese Family Organization